This is a follow-up to my post on rest. I thought I would share the things that I consider self-care. It’s important to know what things recharge you so that you can replenish your energy. This is different for everyone based on temperament and preferences. I give myself permission to include self-care into my daily and weekly routine. This isn’t frivolous but needed recharge time. When I do this, I am a better wife, mom, friend, and counselor.
- Coffee while on Twitter or watching Hulu (this is a picture of my favorite mug ) ❤️
- Listening to favorite Music: I love a variety of music. Have worship music, pop music, country music, 80s music. What I choose depends on how I feel.
- Watching funny TV shows or movies
- Spending time with those I love
- Fun games (not too analytical but fun…at my home we do a lot of analytical games…Table Top ?)
- Watching football (especially the Texas Aggies or anyone who has been an Aggie)
- Dancing with my hubby (I’m a Texan so two-stepping only please)
- Watching my kid play soccer. (Go Pumas!)
- Relaxing in beautiful weather (70 degrees, patio dining, long walks)
- Long talks with good girlfriends
- Listening to favorite podcasts
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Mexican food (I could eat mexican food for every meal)
- Snuggling during super cold weather. Sitting by the fire
- Laying by the pool in hot weather.
What is self-care for you??